Health and safety services
Our health and safety teams are proud to be working towards a safer future for all. We are dedicated to ensuring health and safety adds value to our clients’ projects and organisations by offering more than just compliance. We work with our clients and their teams to make health and safety easy to understand and engaging.
We have come a long way since health and safety became law in 1974. The Covid pandemic shone a light on health and safety in the workplace and demonstrated that organisations which prioritise health and safety can increase efficiency, employee engagement and retention, and lower business risks. However, construction remains one of the most high-risk industries and clients are becoming increasingly accountable for the health and safety standards of their projects.
Our specialist team has experience and knowledge of multiple sectors and industries working with clients in construction, the private sector and local authorities. We offer incident related support, training to improve organisational health and safety standards, and take on the crucial role of principal designer.
National Discipline Director
Health and safety services sub-services
Client health and safety services
We provide a full range of health and safety services to our clients that promote health, safety and wellbeing across their organisations and develop a strong health and safety culture. We support change management and implementation and assist with general health and safety requirements.
- Statutory compliance
- Auditing, gap analysis and health checks
- Due diligence
- Employers duties
- Risk assessments
- Policies and procedures
- Accident and Incident investigation and action planning.
- Policy reviews and development
Construction health and safety services
We have specialised in construction health and safety since CDM regulations were first introduced in 1994. Now we are a leader in the application of CDM 2015, providing client-side services and support, as well as Principal Designer services. We help our clients consider how they manage and monitor health and safety on-site and continually assess the potential impact of works on their employees and those around them. Our proactive and positive approach reassures our clients and can realise cost and programme savings on their project.
- Development of client brief
- Review of statutory compliance
- Assist in engaging with contractors and reviewing contractors' construction phase plan
- Assist in development of pre-construction information
- Site inspections and reports
- Site wide coordination of health and safety
- Development of procedures and training for embedding CDM compliance
- Support with HSE interventions
- Monthly dashboard demonstrating health and safety progress and value
The principal designer is critically important to every construction project and the most important role in managing health and safety risks in the workplace. We take great pride in our principal designer service and throughout the design and construction stages we reduce, eliminate and control risks and costs to deliver better, safer buildings for their full lifecycle.
Advisor to the principal designer
We advise designers who have accepted the principal designer duties in assessing and managing their project risks, offering assistance and support to deliver exceptional projects with health and safety at their core. We are happy to share our knowledge and skill in the principal designer role to help others become better principal designers in the future and offer training workshops on request.
- Development of CDM policy and procedure
- Auditing projects for CDM compliance
- Assist in the review and assembly of pre-construction information
- Assist in the review of designs and identification and management of risk
- Take ownership for the management of H&S on our project
- Develop training to support and upskill your teams
Health and safety risk management
Through our trusted partners and team of consultants we offer specialist services that support our clients in promoting health and safety and reducing risk in their business and on their projects.
- Fire safety including fire risk assessments, fire engineering solutions and fire surveys
- Asbestos removal and management
- Civil claim, expert witness and disputes
- Statutory compliance audits, assessments and action plans
Health and safety training
We love nothing more than passing on our knowledge and skills to help others achieve great things in the management of health and safety. We offer simple CPD sessions and detailed technical training courses, tailored to our clients’ requirements.
Our health and safety team has contributed to many exhibitions, institutions, organisations and publications. Here is an example of the engaging courses we have provided in the past, please get in touch for more details.
Key training topics:
- Managing COVID
- Workplace stress
- CDM regulations
- Designer duties
- Principal designer duties
- Working at height
- Transport safety