The project at Tidworth Garrison, Wiltshire involved demolishing existing service family accommodation (SFA) and building 463 new SFA 3 and 4 bedroom houses. It was one of the largest schemes of this nature ever undertaken by the Ministry of Defence.
Working with the project’s architects, Shepherd Epstein Hunter, we were commissioned to demolish existing 1960s housing and design and deliver 463 quality new SFA homes. We were asked to create a coherent Wiltshire townscape, using appropriate materials.
Our development plan featured spacious three and four bedroom homes with private garages and gardens, safe play areas, improved access, attractive landscaping and parking for visitors. These were built in neighbourhood clusters, avoiding an establishment feel and providing opportunities for social interaction.
- We created small, sociable neighbourhoods.
- We created variations in standard plan design.
- We used complementary materials and minimised environmental impact.
- We designed attractive shared spaces with innovative pedestrian access.
- We delivered a successful project, compliant with JSP standards.
Client: Defence Estates
Value: £48 million