We redeveloped a tired, unfit-for-purpose 1960s office block into a new landmark open-plan HQ.
The brief called for a high-quality design, incorporating distinctive architecture and open-plan solutions to an existing cellular office block. The existing EPC Rating was G, with overheating and thermal retention a major problem. Light and spatial awareness were key elements to include within the proposed design.
We designed a new HQ building with open-plan offices on all levels and full-height glazing to the entrance and meeting room. The EPC Rating was upgraded to B, with brise soleil and additional insulation to external walls. Full Equality Act compliance has been achieved by including ramps and a new lift, which links the HQ to additional office accommodation, also designed by Pick Everard.
• We enhanced the building’s architectural qualities.
• The EPC Rating was upgraded from G to B.
• We replaced the cellular offices with an open-plan layout.
• We ensured the building is Equality Act compliant.
• We included high U values to create a thermally efficient building.
Client: Thames Valley Police Authority
Value: £10 million