Suffolk County Council had shortlisted 14 sites as the location of a proposed new waste treatment facility. We were appointed to appraise each site against a number of environmental criteria.
- Appraise 14 sites against pre-defined environmental criteria for 2 potential waste disposal options.
- Undertake a variety of environmental impact studies and manage input from specialist contractors.
- Identify and compare adverse environmental impacts between sites.
- Provision of surveys for each site covering transport links, land use, landscape, biodiversity, noise, air quality, visual impact and archaeology.
- Design of an innovative methodology with which to assess and compare qualitative and quantitative criteria.
- Consideration of the impacts associated with both Energy from Waste, and Mechanical and Biological treatment options.
- We ensured the appraisals were consistent and avoided bias towards any aspect or site.
- Provided a sound basis for site selection.
Client: Suffolk County Council