Pick Everard created a new multimedia and arts campus for North Warwickshire and Hinckley College to replace their existing facility.
The new building needed to accommodate the Creative Arts and Media departments, along with some higher education students.
We created a new building on the site of an old factory. This involved demolishing it and using the rubble below a new car park to reduce landfill waste and the need for imported stone.
Our highways and infrastructure team designed the new car park, site access and drainage. We also created a rainwater harvesting system, minimising water demand and running costs. Drainage was designed to protect the new development, the Goddard Building and the surrounding areas.
- We designed an inspiring learning environment.
- We delivered supporting access, facilities and services.
- We incorporated SUDS and rainwater harvesting.
- We achieved a BREEAM Excellent rating.
- We built recycled materials into the design.
Client: North Warwickshire and Hinckley College
Value: £9 million