Pick Everard was commissioned by the University of East Anglia to design a landmark multi-function building to fit its campus masterplan.
We needed to deliver an inspiring building with flexible learning environments which could house several teaching spaces previously occupying other buildings.
It had to achieve a BREEAM Excellent rating and feature a Harvard-style lecture theatre, large tiered lecture theatre, smaller seminar rooms, learning pods, breakout spaces, an external teaching area and refreshment facilities.
Our team designed a striking, four-storey, sustainable building with a glazed frontage and vibrant pink render. We believe it’s the first time a cross-laminated timber superstructure has been used with Termodeck.
The building has created 2,000m² of teaching space, enabling the University to host conferences and accommodate students sitting exams.
- We created 2,000m² of teaching space.
- We completed the entire project in 23 months.
- We delivered the University’s most energy efficient building by a factor of two.
- We secured an air leakage rate of only 2M3/(hr.M2) at 50 Pa.
- We exceeded the client’s expectations.
- We achieved a BREEAM Excellent rating.
Client: University of East Anglia
Value: £9 million