Pick Everard’s multi-disciplinary team had developed an architectural and interior design scheme which required careful furniture specification to complete the modern higher education setting.
The furniture within a higher education setting should marry the requirements of education with those of the professional world – as often the two operate hand-in-hand. The careful product selection for a University setting would need to consider this alongside the usual programme and cost considerations.
We worked closely with the project team to establish the cost and functional requirements, and took them through our standardized product selection process, to develop a working document to be used for wider stakeholder approval. The scheme focused on product selection aimed at a professional education aspiration, with formal lecture theatre settings paired with dynamic and flexible soft settings.
- User requirement is central to our approach.
- Understanding of key dates and deadlines.
- Working with client team to evaluate product options.
- Coordinate design aspirations with main build.
- Effective management of detailed specification and accurate quantities.
Client: University of East Anglia