The first pre-cast concrete of its kind within the Custodial Estate was HMP Wellingborough, this 900 cover kitchen set the quality benchmark for seven further Kitchens procured through the Strategic Alliance Framework – totaling in excess of £35m in construction value.
New build kitchen designs vary according to Establishment capacity and we have provided designs for 600, 900, 2000 meal kitchens across the Estate.
In collaboration with the Client team, Pick Everard was determined to ‘raise the bar’ for quality in catering kitchen construction. The pre-cast concrete sandwich panels provided an efficient construction system which exceeded stringent hygiene and security standards.
- Raising the bar for Catering Kitchen construction in the Custodial Estate.
- Setting a standardised pattern for seven similar pre-cast kitchens totalling £35m+ value.
- Exceeded stringent hygiene and security standards.
- Reduced Health and Safety risks on site – due to improved design.
- Delivered well within tight budget and programme constraints.
Client: Ministry of Justice (MoJ)
Value: £35 million +