Following the collapse of LSC funding for a complete campus replacement, The College of West Anglia commissioned us to rationalise its existing campuses and maximise their potential.
The client required striking new buildings on a tight budget, as well as support in securing funding. The development needed to include two technology centres with 5,000m² of internal floor area. These demanded a complex amalgamation of heavily serviced areas alongside general purpose teaching space, with ground-floor workshops for tuition in motor vehicles, motorsport, electrical installation, engineering fabrication and welding, and first-floor classrooms and training facilities.
Following masterplanning, we delivered two inspiring technology centres which deliver the College’s diverse needs. We also rejuvenated the Tower Block at Kings Lynn, combining internal refurbishment with striking ground-floor extensions.
- We completed four new buildings and complex refurbishments.
- We re-defined the College’s campuses.
- We maximised funding opportunities.
- We met tight deadlines and budgets.
- We achieved a BREEAM Excellent rating.
- We delivered the project on busy campuses.
Client: The College of West Anglia
Value: £20 million